Friday, July 2, 2021

Books

 I just started reading Bariatric Mindset Success: Live Your Best Life and Keep The Weight Off After Weight Loss Surgery in an effort to get my brain ready for this. I have some issues with food. Not just the ones that appear when you grow up in a food-insecure environment, but also what I suppose is emotional eating? I have to admit, I'm not very in touch with my feelings, but I understand that's a product of being neurodivergent. But I also know that other people who have had issues with food have been successful with WLS. 

So hopefully this book will help me understand my issues, and start to get over them. I know it can't do the work for me, but hopefully it will give me direction. 

I've also been picking up Bariatric cook books, one at a time. I'm not a great cook, and I'm not very creative with it, so any help would be great. The next one I plan on buying is a five ingredient book, which is probably more my speed than the recipes that I consider "elaborate."  I also have a tiny kitchen, which makes working with food really difficult. So we'll see what happens with that, too. 

On a separate note, I'm trying to practice not eating half an hour before and after meals. This morning's effort was successful. However, I ate a single serving of breakfast and I'm still hungry. Or I'm having a panic attack. I often can't tell the difference. Which goes back to that "not being good with emotions" thing. Oh well. 

I have an appointment with a new therapist at the end of the month, and I plan on discussing it. I just wasn't clicking with my previous therapist. Nothing wrong with her, it just wasn't working for me. I'm not sure what we'll work on, but I really wish I could just say "make me feel emotions correctly," and they could wave a magic wand and make it work LOL. Sadly, it doesn't work like that. Everything takes work. And I'm willing to do it. I'm hoping that seeing results this time will encourage me to keep it up. My final diet, I only lost ten pounds in three or four months, even though I was working at it. It was super discouraging. So that's it for now, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still alive :)

 It's been a while. The surgery went well, if you can't tell from my previous post which was somewhat painkiller-laden. I got out of...