Wednesday, September 8, 2021

it went well!

So I’m done with surgery and I’ve had like eight naps. I am fixing for another. Pain is manageable, and I was able, after a period of being rather shaky on my feet, able to walk the hall. I still felt a little weird so it will be good to have the nurse walk with me. I’ve had a few snags, but the medical team doesn’t seem that worried so I suppose I shouldn’t be too. So far it’s been all ice chips, which is good because I have nausea that comes and goes. I don’t even want food. 
So this is it. I changed my life. Nothing will be the same from here on out. I have to believe that I can sustain a new lifestyle. If you think you can’t, then you can’t. And one of my favorite quotes: you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. And my other favorite: good enough is good enough. 
So that’s what passes for wisdom from me tonight. Sleep well. I’m sure I won’t, with them checking on me constantly lol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still alive :)

 It's been a while. The surgery went well, if you can't tell from my previous post which was somewhat painkiller-laden. I got out of...