Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Planning for October

So, my surgery is in early September, then in mid-October I'm doing a little bit of traveling. There is a post-conference retreat for the state library's association that I'm going to, and then that following weekend, my sister's baby shower is happening. It doesn't make sense to drive to Pittsburgh for the thing, drive back home, then drive back to Pittsburgh for the shower, so I'm just going to stay the whole week. 

That's being gone 8 days. I'm wondering how I should pack food, exactly. I may or may not be able to eat what they're serving at the post-conference retreat, and I know my sister will do her best to make food that I can eat (cos my sister is awesome like that), but I just want to be prepared.  Probably a lot of shakes, I guess? I'll have my car, though, so I can put in it whatever I need to. 

I have a few forums I can go on to try to figure out what to take with me on a trip. People with more experience tend to be pretty helpful to newbies such as myself. They talked me through the "what do I do in place of candy with the niece?" problem and we came up with tea. I've since subscribed to a tea of the month box for both of us. So hopefully they can help me think this one through. I'm not entirely sure what/how to make things for me post-surgery yet, much less in a traveling situation where I won't have total control over what I'm making and how I'm making it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still alive :)

 It's been a while. The surgery went well, if you can't tell from my previous post which was somewhat painkiller-laden. I got out of...