Saturday, July 10, 2021

So that happened.

Thursday I went to see the surgeon. We agreed on the RNY gastric bypass. He explained the procedure to me, but it wasn’t anything new because I’ve been doing quite a bit of reading. Which I suppose is good. No surprises. 

Now it’s turned over to the insurance for their approval. It will take about two weeks they said. My fear is that I won’t have enough comorbidities for the insurance to approve. Basically…I have none, other than undiagnosed sleep apnea (I go for that at the end of the month). The doctors are always shocked that I have no high BP or sugar even though I look and behave like a potato. 

Thursday evening I met with the new therapist. They weren’t going to be able to get me in until the end of the month, but they got me in earlier. I don’t know how I feel about her. She just seemed very quick to spout off solutions. I don’t know if it’s going to work out but I’m willing to try. I really do need to have a handle on the emotional eating before surgery. 

I am going to do my damned best to make this work. I have worries about various issues and past track records, but I’m willing to work on them. I guess that’s all I have for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still alive :)

 It's been a while. The surgery went well, if you can't tell from my previous post which was somewhat painkiller-laden. I got out of...