Monday, August 16, 2021

It's coming up fast

 Surgery is coming up fast. I have plans on getting a blender on Wednesday, and some more protein shakes for pre-op liver shrink diet on Saturday. I have one more grocery trip before the liver shrink diet starts. I'll have to get a lot of lean meat and fat free dressing because my one meal I'm allowed for those two weeks is a salad with as much greens as I'd like but three oz of lean meat on top and nothing else. 

I don't really have worries about sticking to it. I know I just have to power through. My worry is getting enough fruit and veg to last the whole two weeks. Then I have to go grocery shopping and get at least a start on what I need post-surgery the day before I work the entire weekend (I'm working all the way up until my surgery, including all of Labor Day weekend) and don't have time to do it. 

So I guess logistical stuff is my main worry. And coming up with a list of what I need. Right now it all seems very nebulous. 

I will have to actually sit down with some online menus and see what's really realistic for me to make. I have low spoons when it comes to food and I also have a tiny kitchen, so making really fancy stuff is straight out. I try to keep it as simple and as fast as possible. 

One thing that's putting a damper on surgery prep is money. The money I had reserved for protein shakes and bars for the pre-op diet and protein shakes without flavor for the post-surgery diet has to now go into paying two car payments at once, until the GAP insurance takes care of the rest of the car payment on the totaled car. 

I also worry about my husband cooking for himself for the two weeks pre-op and however long post-op that I am off "regular" foods. I really don't want to be on a near-liquid diet and be cooking for him. But he's also a terrible cook and really doesn't like to do it. Oh well. I guess, in a way, that's a him problem and not a me problem. I'll make sure he participates in the grocery shopping so he gets what he wants, but other than that, there's not much else I can do. 

I am SO busy with work from now until I take off for surgery. I'd ask what idiot packed my schedule like this, but it was me. I feel like I have to run this gauntlet before I can take any time off. Then I'm actually looking forward to the time off because I've been going so long and hard for so long. I'm having major surgery, I'm going to be in pain. But man, two weeks off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still alive :)

 It's been a while. The surgery went well, if you can't tell from my previous post which was somewhat painkiller-laden. I got out of...