Friday, August 13, 2021

Where have I been?

 Better question: where have I NOT been? A few weeks ago I got into an auto accident and totaled my car that I only had for three weeks. I am ok; I have a bit of a concussion, but nothing too serious. I'm mourning the car though. I loved the color, I loved the features (it was the super-good package) and I loved how it drove. 

It's been replaced with the same model, but without all the cool features, and in a color I don't like. Now I'm dealing with insurance and GAP insurance to get the dang thing paid off. It's a painful and long process. I still have a headache from the concussion. The doctor said to give it two weeks. Oh yeah, and all this happened while I was on the clock for work. *sigh* 

As you can imagine this lead to some emotional eating and some not eating and eating at weird times. I know I can't do that once I have the surgery. I'm doing some behavior modification stuff with my therapist, so I'm actually WORKING on it, even though I haven't perfected it yet. But hey, I'm working on it. :/

I am worried I will slip after the surgery and start making bad choices. I mean, look at my track record. I have 41 years of making bad choices when it comes to food. So I guess that's my major concern right now. It's an idea that I struggle with a lot and I'm doing work now to be ready. I guess that's all that I can do. Progress, not perfection, and all that. I just don't want to "fail" at this surgery, but I feel sometimes like it's inevitable. 

I suck at cooking, I'm often low on spoons when it comes to making dinner, and I have a tiny kitchen which isn't conducive to cooking anything, really. And there's... well, my whole personality and everything about me. I don't think I have especially low self esteem, but I do feel inadequate a lot of the time. I guess that's something else to work on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still alive :)

 It's been a while. The surgery went well, if you can't tell from my previous post which was somewhat painkiller-laden. I got out of...