Thursday, June 24, 2021

Go me.

     I've never realized how much going through drive thrus is a ritual for me. Even if it's just to get something to drink. I got done at my branch much earlier than anticipated, and was coming back to the main library and wanted something to drink because I left my water there. I could have gone into a gas station, where there is more selection (and I did stop at  gas station to get gas just before this), but there's something about the drive thru experience that I don't really have the words for right now. 

Anyways, I managed to make good choices. I got a side salad with lite dressing instead of a dessert, which is what I would normally get. I also got a sugar free lemonade instead of a diet soda, since I'm working on giving up soda. 

I ate my salad and I'm now giving it thirty minutes before I drink anything. Consider it practice. In the meantime, I guess I need to resolve my issues with drive thrus. I really need some new morning routine I can stick to that doesn't involve Dunkin', and if it does, in some sort of positive way. I already only get an unsweet tea and avocado toast but I really need to cut the toast part out. 

I think when I was on Noom, I burned myself out on yogurt for breakfast, so I need to find some fast alternative that I can take with me to work. Yes I know all the reasons I should eat at home. No I'm not going to do them. I wish I were that kind of person, but I think I need to work with who I am, and change the stuff that's really important, not the stuff that doesn't matter as much. Maybe someday I can work on the "making myself breakfast" thing, but it's not in the cards for right now due to various reasons. Among those are low spoons, hating cooking and washing dishes, and barely getting enough sleep the night before (hubs comes home right around when I want to be going to sleep, but it'd be nice to actually talk to him a little before I pass out). 

I wonder when is an appropriate point in this process to start using protein supplements. I suppose I can mix protein powder with my coffee (sometimes I get coffee) and call that breakfast. I'm sure it has less calories, and it still gives me the drive thru routine. I'm sure it'd be better for my wallet if I just quit cold turkey though. 

So that's today's sordid tale. See you later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still alive :)

 It's been a while. The surgery went well, if you can't tell from my previous post which was somewhat painkiller-laden. I got out of...