Tuesday, June 22, 2021

whelp…

I ran into a post on Twitter from a mutual. Very negative on the WLS front. It got me thinking again about whether I want to go through with this. Yes, I understand there could be complications. I know some of them could kill me. It is extreme, but at this point in my life, it’s probably time for extreme measures. Is it starvation? I’ve asked about this, and it’s medically supervised and various nutrient levels are checked often to be sure it’s not. 

So, I’m going to continue to look at stats and things, I’m not just blindly going into it. I also know that up until the surgery, I can back out at any time if I decide the risks are too great. I think, right now, the risks are great if I don’t do something about my weight. Right now, my knees are ok, my back is janky, and my BO and sugar are high-normal. EVERYONE in my family ends up with Type 2 diabetes eventually, on both sides, so I’m fighting that. Everyone ends up with knee replacements, and everyone has heart problems. I figure, if I have the surgery now, before I start having problems, I increase my odds of having few or no complications. 

But right now I’m out of shape completely and utterly, I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been, and I’m to the point where it stops me from doing things I want or need to do. Those are some of my reasons for continuing on this path right now. 
Situation: ok. I’m going to continue to look at statistics and see if I like the odds or not. Ignoring evidence is bad, even if it tells me something I don’t like. 
Also: typed on my phone. I’m blaming any and all errors on autocorrect. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm still alive :)

 It's been a while. The surgery went well, if you can't tell from my previous post which was somewhat painkiller-laden. I got out of...